SYRACUSE, N.Y. March 1, 2018 - JADAK, a business unit of Novanta Corporation ("Novanta"), has launched the FM-5E, its newest fixed mount barcode reader. The FM-5E combines quality and performance in an affordable and compact design. Backwards compatible with JADAK's FM-5, the FM-5E offers customers a flexible alternative for a wide variety of applications, including Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) devices and kiosks.
The FM-5E is an image-based sensor that reads all mainstream linear (1D) and matrix (2D) barcodes with excellent reliability. Its compact design makes it easy to integrate into devices. Available with RS-232 or USB host interfaces, the FM-5E reads standard, label-based barcodes, as well as those directly from cell phone screens.
JADAK, a business unit of Novanta, is a market leader in machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. The company designs and manufactures embedded detection and analysis solutions that help customers solve unique inspection, tracking, scanning and documenting challenges. JADAK's headquarters and manufacturing are located in Syracuse, New York, with sales and technical locations across the globe. JADAK has merged with four companies: General Scanning Printer Technologies, Photo Research, SkyeTek RFID, and ThingMagic RFID. The company is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 registered. For more information, visit www.jadaktech.com.
Novanta (which trades publicly under its parent entity, Novanta Inc., NASDAQ: NOVT) is a trusted technology partner to OEMs in the medical and advanced industrial technology markets, with deep proprietary expertise in photonics, vision and precision motion technologies.
Other bar code news:
- Janam Delivers Value-Driven, Rugged Smartphone With Bar Code Scanner, RFID Reader
- Honeywell Software Helps Prevent Counterfeit Automotive Parts from Entering Supply Chain
- PINC CEO nominated 2018 Pro to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- Lifeboat Distribution Announces Partnership with ABBYY in the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- FoodLogiQ and Testo Partner to Revolutionize Global Food Supply Chain
- Code Adds First "Soft Scanning" Integration to Epic Rover
- Investments in Real-time Tracking Technologies Steer the US Transportation and Logistics Market
- Powershelf Announces One Penny RFID Breakthrough to Eliminate Retail Out-of-Stocks
- Checkpoint Adds To line of Specialized Anti-Theft Eyewear Tags for Retailers
- Marc Wulfraat has been named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive's “Pros to Know” List 2018
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 9th year, does not sell software, hardware, bar code products or services. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here.
Check out the latest Bar Code Digital magazine here
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.