LONDON, March 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Barcode scanning-enabled Android smartphones capture and push data to back-end software platforms with no integration required
Scandit, provider of a next-generation mobile data capture platform built on proprietary computer vision technology, machine learning and augmented reality, is now offering Scandit Case for select Android devices to create a ready-to-use barcode scanning solution.
The Scandit Case is an ergonomically designed scanning case that provides protection in a lightweight form factor during everyday activities. It also offers a scanning experience superior to traditional handheld scanners and mobile computers at a fraction of the cost.
When users download the Scandit Keyboard Wedge scanning app to a select Android device and configure it for the Scandit case, the smartphone becomes an enterprise-grade barcode scanner right out of the box, with no programming or integration required.
Scandit Case for Android can also be integrated into a user specific app supporting all of Scandit's mobile scanning features. Compared to traditional scanners, smartphones equipped with Scandit software and inserted into the Case can reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) of mobile data capture by up to 5x over the lifecycle of the device.
Just like the Scandit Cases for iPhone 6/6s, 7, 8 and iPod touch, the Case for Android operates without additional electrical components and leverages the device's built-in camera and flash to scan barcodes with unprecedented ease of use, while still accessing all other smartphone features. This significantly reduces the substantial maintenance and support costs typically associated with dedicated scanners and scan accessories such as sleds.
"We've received many requests to make a Scandit Case for Android smartphones," said Samuel Mueller, Scandit CEO. "We continue to expand the range of devices that can be used in conjunction with Scandit Case and our mobile software and cloud services in order to enable as many enterprises as possible to transform their business operations while reducing TCO of mobile data capture."
Learn more about the Scandit Case: https://www.scandit.com/products/case/
- Universal Robots Debuts at #MODEX, North America’s Largest Supply Chain Expo
- TEKLYNX Announces 2018 Release of Barcode Labeling Software Solutions
- How Do Businesses Choose Providers? Best Advertising Channel of 2018 Results Are In
- Beauty smart store in Morocco uses Keonn RFID floor mats
- Code Launches the CR4300N-A Case Above the Rest
- Impinj Supports Japanese Government Electronic Tag Initiative
- IpVenture’s Next Generation Delivery Logistics: The Time Has Come
- TEKLYNX International’s Nick Recht Named to the 2018 Food Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Socket Mobile Reports Final Results of Modified Dutch Auction Tender Offer
- Demand Management's Bill Harrison Named 2018 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Adrian Parkhideh Named to the 2018 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- MODEX 2018 Attendees Planning Major Supply Chain Investments Over Next 18 Months
- Marco Purchases Michigan-Based Governor Business Solutions; Continues National Expansion
- Loudoun Water selects Mobile Inventory Solution to Drive Efficiencies in their Warehouse
- Top Innovative Procurement Products Chosen by SIG Innovation Accelerator
- Checkpoint System Lets Retailers to Use RFID-based Inventory Data For Product Recommendations
- SpotSee Names Jan Van Niekerk as VP of Engineering and Innovation
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.