The heart of this partnership is providing a holistic over-the-road transportation management solution for shippers. For two decades, Cerasis has continually looked at how we may provide more value for shippers by looking at how technology can aid shippers in reaching overall transportation goals.
EAGAN, Minn. (PRWEB) March 23, 2018
North American third party logistics (3PL) company, Cerasis, in partnership with Pierbridge, a leading transportation management software development company, announces the addition of multi-parcel carrier shipping management to the Cerasis Rater, a web-based transportation management system (TMS). The addition of multi-carrier shipping options for the parcel mode now empowers shippers to manage transportation of all over-the-road transportation modes within one web-based portal.
The Cerasis Rater has supported the ability to manage transportation by processing shipments in the Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and Full Truckload (FT) transportation modes, and some limited parcel carrier shipping functionality for the last 20 years. Now more multi-parcel carrier options are available, including the big 3 parcel carriers, UPS, FedEx, and the United States Postal Service, as well as regional parcel carriers such as LSO, and same-day delivery services such as Deliv. This mirrors Cerasis longstanding goal of providing shippers with more transportation choices.
The power of shippers having over-the-road mode choice within one portal gives them the ability to choose the best carrier for that specific shipment. Within the web-based TMS, the Cerasis Rater, shippers can choose multi-modal carriers based on cost, limit of liability, and transit time.
In a first-of-its-kind offering within one TMS, shippers may, in real-time, compare multi-parcel carrier shipping information, such as costs or transit time, to multi-LTL carrier shipping information. Shippers may then choose to move freight with either option depending on what is best for the shipper at that time. The TMS allows the shipper to then book the freight no matter what mode, ensuring that transportation management goals are met. Full features of the multi-parcel carrier shipping solution:
- Choose from multiple parcel carriers by price and transit time
- Compare parcel and LTL modes per 100 weight in real-time and choose which is best for your shipment
- Configure shipping & handling costs in admin mode to ensure proper shipping & handling costs for your customer are added to each shipment
- In addition to offering all over-the-road modes with the addition of enterprise ground parcel management, Transtream provides access to intercontinental and international air freight services in the Cerasis Rater
The new multi-parcel carrier shipping solution within the Cerasis Rater is powered by Pierbridge’s Transtream technology. Transtream automates cartonization, rating, routing, shipping, tracking, and returns for hundreds of carrier services.
"Controlling shipping costs is now a board-level concern, especially with the growth of eCommerce," said Pierbridge CEO Bob Malley. “Our partnership with Cerasis will provide Transtream users with more choices to ship anywhere, from anywhere, by any carrier. Cerasis transportation management system technology, expertise, and brokerage services will be a very welcome addition to Transtream's portfolio of carrier services."
The partnership of Cerasis and Pierbridge makes natural sense. Both companies are founded on the vision of utilizing technology to solve complex transportation management problems and a shared value of continuous improvement to respond to market demands and user feedback to improve proprietary technology platforms that enable shippers to reduce costs in transportation, a budget which can make up a large majority of supply chain budgets, as well as aid shippers in reducing soft costs by gaining efficiency in shipping processes as well as reduce overall and costly errors.
“At the heart of this partnership with Pierbridge is providing a holistic over-the-road transportation management solution for shippers in North America,” said Steve Ludvigson, co-founder and President of Cerasis. “For more than two decades, Cerasis has continually looked at how we may provide more value for shippers by looking at how technology can aid shippers in reaching overall transportation and supply chain goals.”
The now more robust transportation management technology offering, with the introduction of multi-parcel carrier shipping solutions in this partnership with Pierbridge, powered by Transtream, accompanies the existing transportation technology solutions offered by Cerasis to include:
- eCommerce solutions for parcel and LTL
- Transportation visibility thru tracking and automatic alerts
- Robust reporting and analytics
- Enterprise visibility and control for cost compliance measures & management
- Mobile application support
- Transportation accounting (auditing, invoice consolidation, online access)
- Carrier rate negotiation and maintenance
- Connect services to include integration into other supply chain technology, API, web services, and EDI
Shippers now have more control, visibility, and management when it comes to transportation management for all over-the-road modes with the Cerasis Rater inclusion of the innovative multi-parcel carrier shipping solution in partnership with Pierbridge, powered by Transtream. Shippers may request a demo of the Cerasis Rater or ask to speak to an Account Executive by visiting Cerasis.com.
Founded in 1997, Cerasis is a North American third party logistics company offering transportation management technology solutions & services. The proprietary transportation management system, the Cerasis Rater, allows shippers a web-based portal to book shipments for the over-the-road transportation modes less-than-truckload (LTL), full truckload, and parcel, also known as small package.
- Smartrac’s Experiences Solution Wins IoT Global Award
- Barcoding, Inc Named As Partner Of The Year By StayLinked
- RFID Readers Market Estimated to Exhibit 12.3% CAGR Through 2027
- Breed Reply Invests in METRON and TAG Sensors
- Universal Robots Debuts at #MODEX, North America’s Largest Supply Chain Expo
- TEKLYNX Announces 2018 Release of Barcode Labeling Software Solutions
- How Do Businesses Choose Providers? Best Advertising Channel of 2018 Results Are In
- Beauty smart store in Morocco uses Keonn RFID floor mats
- Code Launches the CR4300N-A Case Above the Rest
- Impinj Supports Japanese Government Electronic Tag Initiative
- IpVenture’s Next Generation Delivery Logistics: The Time Has Come
- TEKLYNX International’s Nick Recht Named to the 2018 Food Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Socket Mobile Reports Final Results of Modified Dutch Auction Tender Offer
- Demand Management's Bill Harrison Named 2018 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Adrian Parkhideh Named to the 2018 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- MODEX 2018 Attendees Planning Major Supply Chain Investments Over Next 18 Months