AUSTIN, Texas, April 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- School District U-46 in Elgin, Illinois, has selected Hayes Software Systems' TIPWeb-IT and TIPWeb-IM solutions to track and manage over 600,000 technology assets and instructional materials. With the addition of SD U-46 as a valued customer, Hayes now works with the three largest school districts in Illinois, including Chicago Public Schools and Rockford Public Schools, supporting 22 percent of public school students in the state.
SD U-46, the second-largest school district in Illinois, saw an opportunity to improve the efficiencies of their in-house inventory management system. After experiencing a number of different challenges when tracking and distributing inventory to over 40,000 students across 58 campuses, the district struggled to hold individuals accountable for their inventory and was burdened by the cost of lost and damaged materials. After a competitive RFP process, SD U-46 selected the TIPWeb platform because of its robust reporting features and its capabilities to track inventory in a centralized system while allowing controlled user access by departments and schools alike. SD U-46 also chose Hayes because of the company's ability to integrate with the district's existing business systems and for its ease of use, resulting in better staff adoption and greater ROI.
"We are thrilled to have the opportunity to partner with SD U-46 and expand our presence in Illinois," said Matt Winebright, CEO and president of Hayes Software Systems. "Everyone at Hayes is focused on providing the best possible solutions to districts across the country to help ensure children and schools have what they need to be successful. As an Illinois native, I'm proud to say Hayes works with the three largest districts in the state. It's another example of our commitment to serve the needs of large, urban communities across the country."
The initial stage of the project includes conducting a complete physical inventory of the technology assets and instructional materials across all school buildings and the central warehouse to create an inventory baseline to support ongoing district-conducted annual inventories. The district will also deploy RFID technology ... read more
Other bar code and RFID news:
- Elatec RFID - Joseph Grillo appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors
- CyberData Adds SIP RFID Access Control And SIP RFID Keypad Access Control Devices To Its New Line
- New Balluff BIS VU-320 UHF RFID Reader for Flexible Manufacturing
- FoodLogiQ Secures $19.5M in Oversubscribed Financing Round
- Strategic Mobility Group, LLC Wins 2017 Global Partner Of The Year
- Bak USA Showcases Its Rugged, Windows-Based Tablet at #MODEX 18
- Rush University Medical Center First to Adopt Code's Soft-Scanning for Epic Rover
- RFID in Healthcare Market Size to Reach $3.89 Billion Till 2022
- Healthcare Packaging Market to Reach Double-Digit Growth Rates in Near Future:
- AIM - Let's Talk About Data Capture Technologies Free Workshop at #MODEX
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews