SMARTRAC Helps Creating Superior Experiences for adidas SPEEDFACTORY
SMARTRAC has teamed up with adidas to offer personalized products with embedded NFC tags, which are tickets to superior consumer experiences.
adidas is revolutionizing the world of footwear creation with its SPEEDFACTORY, where it produces high-performance and eventually tailored products such as the running shoe series adidas Made For (AM4), which feature NFC tags that provide enhanced dialogue with consumers as integral element of the digital consumer engagement solution.
A Part of the Story: SMARTRAC’s NFC Solutions
The ability to create personalized products and superior digital experiences for consumers is certainly what could be called the common denominator between adidas’ SPEEDFACTORY concept and its ‘SMARTRAC powered’ NFC-related activities. Right from the start, the SPEEDFACTORIES were equipped with SMARTRAC devices for automatically matching a certain individual product with an NFC tag carrying a certain ID. The first products to be delivered from the SPEEDFACTORY on a large scale are the adidas Made For (AM4) shoes. This footwear series comprises six individually designed and manufactured shoes for the cities of London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Shanghai.
For these pioneer products, SMARTRAC and its partner Blue Bite created a bespoke digital experience. When tapping an NFC-enabled phone on the CIRCUS™ FLEX NFC tag embedded in the shoe, the consumer is personally invited to review the footwear, and take part in a raffle to win a customized shoe manufactured in the adidas SPEEDFACTORY. The raffles related to all AM4 shoes are geofenced for locations pre-defined by adidas. Everyone entitled to take part is then invited to configure individual details of the shoes they are trying to win. Their consumer feedback is then utilized to help the product team in improving future footwear.
Yet, that AM4-specific experience is not the first that SMARTRAC has created in the context of SPEEDFACTORY: adidas’ NFC technology partner also enabled the specific consumer experience related to the adidas Futurecraft M.F.G. (Made for Germany), the first shoe produced at the SPEEDFACTORY pilot factory in 2016.
More news from The Bar Code News:
- Smooth Solutions for Harsh Conditions: Smartrac Expands its NFC Portfolio
- FEIG Announces the New UHF Directional Reader Solution for Tracking Flow of People and Assets
- The Health Management Academy Analyzes Intra-Company Logistics in Recent Survey
- Medline Increases Warehouse Productivity with Zebra Technologies
- Activ Technologies Recently Selected by Aerojet Rocketdyne to Build Innovative Supplier Portal
- Handheld Barcode Scanners 2018 Interim Findings by VDC
- Key Kiosk Serves Home, Vehicle and RFID Niches
- Teaching Hospital Gains Cost & Time Efficiencies Thanks to Mobile Barcode Scanning
- Automatic Identification and Data Capture Market Worth 72.00 Billion USD by 2023
- Crane USA, IPC/Subway, and Mercy Recognized with GS1 US Excellence Awards
- Gerber Facilitates On-Demand Textile Supply Chain - Showcases Micro Factory with Digital Printing
- SID/DSCC Business Track Proceedings Now for Sale
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.