According to the new market research report "Automatic Identification and Data Capture Market by Product (Barcodes, Magnetic Stripe Cards, Smart Cards, OCR Systems, RFID Products, and Biometric Systems), Offering (Hardware, Software, and Services), Vertical, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2023", published by MarketsandMarkets™, the market is expected to grow from USD 40.31 Billion in 2018 to USD 72.00 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 12.30% between 2018 and 2023. The growth of the automatic identification and data capture market is propelled by the growing e-commerce industry, increasing use of smartphones for QR code scanning and image recognition, and rising adoption of automatic identification and data capture solutions by financial institutions. Factors such as rising government regulations and growth opportunities from supply chain management and healthcare industries are expected to support the growth of the automatic identification and data capture market.
Hardware is expected to hold the largest share of the automatic identification and data capture market between 2018 and 2023.
Among all offerings, hardware held the largest share of the automatic identification and data capture market in 2017. The high requirement for hardware components in several automatic identification and data capture products such as barcodes, magnetic stripe cards, smart cards, optical character recognition (OCR) systems, RFID tags, printers and readers, and biometric systems has contributed to the leading position of the hardware segment in terms of market size.
Manufacturing is expected to hold the largest share of the automatic identification and data capture market between 2018 and 2023.
Among all verticals, manufacturing held the largest share of the automatic identification and data capture market in 2017. The leading position of the manufacturing vertical, in terms of market size, can be attributed to benefits offered by automatic identification and data capture solutions such as enhanced efficiency and reduced operational costs, which enables the sector to effectively handle the increasing number of goods flowing through the supply chain process.
Market for biometric systems is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Among all product categories of automatic identification and data capture solutions, the market for biometric systems is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023. The ability to automatically identify a person based on physiological characteristics is the major factor driving the growth of the market for biometric systems.
APAC is expected to hold the largest share of the automatic identification and data capture market between 2018 and 2023.
Among all regions, APAC held the largest share of the automatic identification and data capture market in 2017. The leading position of APAC can be attributed to the rapid expansion of retail and logistics companies supported by the presence of several automatic identification and data capture players in the region.
Major players in the automatic identification and data capture market are Datalogic (Italy), Honeywell (US), Zebra Technologies (US), SICK AG (Germany), Cognex (US), Toshiba (Japan), NEC (Japan), NXP (Netherlands), Synaptics (US), and SATO (Japan).
Know more about the Automatic Identification and Data Capture Market:
More bar code and Auto-ID news from Barcode.com:
- Crane USA, IPC/Subway, and Mercy Recognized with GS1 US Excellence Awards
- Gerber Facilitates On-Demand Textile Supply Chain - Showcases Micro Factory with Digital Printing
- SID/DSCC Business Track Proceedings Now for Sale
- Skin Wearable NFC Disc Delivers a Stunning Performance at iHeartRadio’s Wango Tango
- Starbucks Adds Punishment To Loyalty Program
- Children’s Hospital Colorado Contracts with Mediware® Software for Blood Supply Chain Software
- EPAY Systems Delivers New RFID Slim Time Clock
- EnterWorks® Partners with Label Insight for ‘Big Data on Big Food’
- META Storage Solutions Inc. and The Numina Group Partner to Provide Neuco’s Next Generation Warehouse Distribution Center
- ALL-TAG Announces Release of Q-Tag® Tag
- Seeonic and atlasRFIDstore Partner to Expand Sales of Cellular RFID Readers
- Checkpoint To Demonstrate Loss Prevention, Merchandise Visibility Solutions at NRF Protect
- Thermal Printer Market to Reach US$ 4.5 Bn by 2028 - Persistence Market Research
- Box Measurement Technology for Hand Held Devices to Serve $343 Billion Shipping/Parcel Industry
- Zebra Restructures Debt
- Award For Instrument That Prints Text, Barcodes, 2D Codes and Graphics on Plastic Tubes
- Cipherlab Launches 2200 Series Presentation Scanner with EAS and RFID Capabilities
- The MS652 Leaves a Small Footprint and a Big Impact
- ASC X9 Will Update Standard for Food Stamps Transaction Processing
- Mojix Announces Upgraded STARflex® Enterprise-Class RFID Reader
- Know Labs Appoints Michael Grabham Chief Business Officer
- SuperCom Awarded National Electronic Monitoring Project in Scandinavia
- Pierbridge’s IRCE Presentation Will Focus On How Cartonization Technology Reduces Shipping Costs
- Jenny Krummenacher of Zebra Recognized As One Of CRN's 2018 Women of The Channel
- Resource Label Group Gets A New Investment
- Zebra Technologies to Present at the Bernstein 34th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference
- Kenya Gets Real-time Livestock Traceability Programme Enabling Trade and Food Safety
- New Balluff Magnetic Mount Simplifies RFID Integration
- 73% of Customers Want Order Tracking Across all Touchpoints but only 7% of Retailers Currently Offer It
- Know Labs Appoints (Ret.) Admiral Bill Owens to its Board of Directors
- Navy Federal Credit Union Names Toshiba Official Document Solutions Provider
- AB&R® becomes member of RAIN RFID alliance
- Honeywell Introduces New Mobile Solutions To Help Retailers Improve Store Operations
- AIM Taps Leaders from Avery Dennison, CISC Semiconductor, TROI Technologies, Danzz Consulting
- ShipStation Announces Integration with SPS Commerce
- Sears Vendor Direct Summit 2018
- CYBRA Announces Release of MarkMagic V9.5
- PINC recognized as standout exhibitor during MODEX 2018
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.