Pilz to assume broad responsibilities for integrated supply chain, including procurement; will build on HOS Gold foundation to drive operations and working capital improvements
MORRIS PLAINS, N.J., July 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced that Torsten Pilz has been named Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer. Pilz will report to Chairman and CEO Darius Adamczyk and serve as a Company Officer. He most recently served as Vice President, Supply Chain, for SpaceX and, prior to that, was Vice President, Worldwide Operations, for Amazon.
While leading in a newly created position for Honeywell, Pilz will assume broad responsibilities for the integrated supply chain, including procurement, and will drive improvements in plant efficiency and working capital while continuing to enhance quality and delivery to customers' expectations.
"The integrated supply chain is a critical enabling factor for Honeywell's continued growth. Bringing Torsten onto our team will allow us to build on our strong HOS Gold foundation to drive further improvements in our operations and global supplier relationships to better serve our customers," Adamczyk said. "Torsten has a track record over the past two decades of driving operational improvements and delivering outstanding results for a variety of companies with complex global supply chains. He is the right person to help Honeywell continue our transformation into a premier software-industrial company by simplifying our manufacturing footprint and enhancing our ability to execute with speed and precision across our operations."
For the past one and half years, Pilz served as Vice President, Supply Chain, for SpaceX, where he was responsible for all supply chain activities, including planning, purchasing, material management and logistics. He built and developed a team that supported dozens of launches a year as well as the development and production of the Falcon and Falcon Heavy Rockets, the Dragon Spacecraft and the SpaceX' satellite program. Prior to that, Pilz served four years as Vice President, Worldwide Operations, at Amazon, where he led the execution and expansion of the global Consumables and Ultrafast eCommerce segment, including brands such as AmazonFresh, AmazonPantry, AmazonCampus and Prime Now.
Before Amazon, Pilz spent eight years at Henkel AG & Co. in a series of progressively larger roles in Germany and the U.S., culminating in his assignment as Senior Vice President, Global Operations, and Chief Executive Officer, Schwarzkopf & Henkel Production Europe GmbH, where he led global operations for the Beauty Care Division. Pilz also served as a Senior Consultant, Life Science, Consumer and Chemical Industry, at Strategy& in Germany and the U.S., and he held several progressively larger production management roles at Clariant AG Frankfurt. He earned B.S. and M.S. degrees followed by a doctorate in chemical engineering at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
- BoxLock, With Barcode Reader, Smart Padlock that Ensures Safe and Secure Package Deliveries
- Supply Chain Technology Talk Dominates SMC³’s Connections 2018
- Tageos’ new EOS-241 U8 apparel RFID tag passes all ARC categories
- KS Services Group Boosts Productivity with Zebra Technology
- Air Tahiti Nui Takes Off with EAM RFID
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Oncomine Immuno-Oncology Assay Portfolio
- Technology Industry Veteran Brian O'Sullivan Joins Digimarc as VP North American Sales
- Zebra Tech Expands Location Solutions Portfolio For Industrial Markets
- Advancements Series to Focus on Disruptive Application for Global Supply Chain Ecosystem
- The EA602 Offers Performance and Price Without Compromise
- Agrilyst Launches Mobile Application Allowing Growers to Run Operations From a Phone
- Beauty Mirror Uses Barcodes - Innovation From HiMirror
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) in retail market size is expected to reach USD 94.44 billion by 2025
- Global NFC Forum 2018 Innovation Award Winners Announced
- Cognex Announces Second Quarter Earnings Release Date and Conference Call
- Smartrac Expands to the Columbus Region, Creating New Jobs
- Scandit Report Reveals How Post and Parcel Providers Use Mobile Computer Vision with Augmented Reality
- Oracle extends Cloud-based Warehouse Management to Enhance Logistics Performance
- Zebra Ranked Among Fastest Growing Companies In Chicago Area
- Toshiba Expands Managed Print Program to Label Printers
The Barcode News Magazine :: Summer 2018
We invite you to read our brand-new online magazine issue. Click to read the latest in barcoding!
This issue features articles and case studies on:
This publication is packed with insightful information from experts in the Bar Code and Labeling Industry - and of course, a link to our free bar code label makers for UPC and other bar codes and also QR codes.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.