NEWARK, Calif., July 24, 2018 – Socket Mobile, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCKT), a leading innovator of data capture and delivery solutions for enhanced productivity, is introducing the D760 and S860 scanners with MRZ (machine readable support zone) support, commonly found on passports and other travel documents.
The S860 and D760 read all common 1D and 2D barcodes, including OCR A&B fonts, OCR USC, OCR Passport, OCR MICR(E13B) fonts (travel documents, passports and visas). The D760 and S860 are designed to read and transmit information electronically into the POS system. Merchants can scan products being sold and read the customers’ identification with one device, avoiding the current, slow manual input of MRZ data.
Socket Mobile is meeting the impending need for dual barcode and passport reading devices. While many countries implement duty-free programs, Japan’s government is launching the conversion by providing large incentives to shops converting to variable sales POS systems by September 2019.
Socket Mobile is working with POS providers with Apple and Android-based systems supporting Socket Mobile scanners, ensuring our new D760 and S860 scanners fully meet their requirements. By the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Japan’s merchants will require POS systems that can code with upcoming variable sales systems.
“We are introducing these products ahead of the market requirement, allowing our software partners to integrate new functions into the solutions. Nobody writes software until the hardware exists. Socket Mobile remains a leader in providing new capabilities for the emerging POS market,” said James Lopez.
The D760 and S860 will be available as of September 1st, 2018 with a MSRP of $549 and $476. The D760 and S860 are fully supported with Capture SDK and will work with all existing applications integrating our SDK. POS partners planning to support the tax-free shopping initiatives will need to include additional elements in their software, which will involve some developmental work. Socket Mobile believes the D760 and S860 will contribute to our revenue in 2019.
About Socket Mobile Socket Mobile is a leading provider of data capture and delivery solutions for enhanced productivity in workforce mobilization. Socket Mobile’s revenue is primarily driven by the deployment of third party barcode enabled mobile applications that integrate Socket Mobile’s cordless barcode scanners and contactless reader/writers. Mobile Applications servicing the specialty retailer, field service, transportation, and manufacturing markets are the primary revenue drivers. Socket Mobile has a network of thousands of developers who use its software developer tools to add sophisticated data capture to their mobile applications. Socket Mobile is headquartered in Newark, Calif. and can be reached at +1-510-933-3000
- Next Generation RFID and IoT Forklift Reader for the Most Demanding Warehouse and Logistics Applications
- Court Tosses Out Neology's Temporary Restraining Order Against Star Systems and Titan RFID Reader
- Avery Dennison Upcoming Investor Events
- Socket Mobile Announces 2018 Second Quarter Results Release Date and Conference Call
- Digimarc Sets Second Quarter 2018 Conference Call for Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- mondCloud Receives Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s SDCE 100 Award
- Ocean Resort Casino, Latest Addition to Atlantic City, Manages Large Inventory with RFID Technology
- Open Sky Group and Matson Logistics Awarded for Rapid Implementation WMS Upgrade
- DENSO Foundation Awards Nearly $1 Million in STEM Education Grants
- PINC Recognized as Top Supply Chain Projects of 2018
- Customers To Receive Complimentary Hot Dog with Social Media Barcode
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews