msterdam (The Netherlands), September 11, 2018 – Smartrac Technology Group announced today that it has acquired brand protection specialist eApeiron Solutions. The acquisition will allow Smartrac to further expand its portfolio of proven RFID-based IoT solutions for enhanced customer experience and product authentication, today already successfully applied in many billions of products across all market segments. The company’s offering to enable a global product digitization will now be complemented by new, additional security layers for any product or product packaging, as well as for product raw materials or components.
Focused on fighting counterfeiting and product diversion based on visible, invisible or forensically undetectable materials in combination with proprietary readers and cloud-based brand protection services, eApeiron brings in its comprehensive suite of secure technologies tailored for retail and industrial applications as well as e-commerce. These multi-layer solutions comprise security labels including a sophisticated tagging system offering a unique signature profile for consumer authentication and identifying and tracking products throughout the entire supply chain. These globally tested technologies have been successfully deployed in billions of products over the last 10 years.
Backed by a comprehensive suite of former Kodak patents, expertise in marker material, optical recognition and printing, combined with comprehensive application know-how across multiple industries, eApeiron has offices, research and production facilities in Miami, Florida and Rochester, New York.
Brand protection solutions for all imaginable requirements
“eApeiron’s technology portfolio fits perfectly with Smartrac’s existing brand protection solutions. We are now able to meet any customer and market demand and serve any possible use case with our secure, multi-layer technologies, and efficiently support all our customers to combat both counterfeiting and diversion issues. Thanks to our IoT platform Smart Cosmos®, we have the capability to create unique digital identifiers for any branded product, and to manage these digital identities in a cloud-based system. Branded product manufacturers, retailers and consumers alike have now an even greater range of possibilities than ever before to easily ensure and confirm a product's authenticity in a highly secure way,” said Christian Uhl, CEO of Smartrac.
“We are very happy about joining Smartrac, as this transaction opens excellent new possibilities for all our customers worldwide. Combining different technologies and areas of expertise with one common goal – offering best-in-class brand protection solutions for all imaginable customer and market requirements – will drive a wave of innovation for brand owners and consumers around the world,” said Charles M. Fernandez, President and CEO of eApeiron, who has now joined the Smartrac Supervisory Board as a result of the transaction.
Further details of the transaction will not be disclosed.
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 9th year, relies on sponors to stay in business. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below.
- Object Management Group Releases Two Retail Technology Standards
- Shipping Box App Secures First Commercial Contract for BoxSizeID
- Datalogic's Memor 10 validated for Android Enterprise Recommended Program
- Smartrac Launches Cattle Ear Tag – a High-Performance RAIN RFID Product for Animal Identification
- Toshiba Inks Partnership with Brother
- Global AgTech Startups From Farm to Plate Vie for Attention at 10th Annual Ag Innovation Showcase
- Panorama Consulting Solutions Releases 2018 Top 12 Manufacturing ERP Systems Report
- Smartrac Launches the World’s Smallest Inlay MiniWeb, and DogBone Inlay with NXP’s UCODE® 8 Chips
- Wibmo Inc Launches New Version of Mobile Payment Ecosystem - Debit, Credit, QR Code, NFC and more
- New Solution For UHF Logistics Tags For Japanese Convenience Store Chains
- Armor to Acquire Thermal Transfer Ribbon Business and IP from Iconex
- World’s Only Global Solution for E-Invoicing Compliance Complies With New Requirements
- AI-Driven Procurement Software Provider Xeeva Named a Winner in the 2018 SaaS Awards
- Asset Tracking Company Named To Inc. 5000 2018
- Want it installed? Just scan the bar code. Do It Yourselfers Get A Hand!
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.