BILLERICA, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--E Ink Holdings, "E Ink" (8069.TW), the leading innovator of electronic ink technology, and Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited today announced the joint development of a reference design board (Product number: MB97R8110) for battery-less ePaper tags. The solution adopts E Ink’s low voltage ePaper module and Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited’s UHF FRAM RFID LSI, creating an ideal combination to enable battery-less ePaper tag applications.
EInk and Fujitsu Semiconductor join forces to provide an ideal solution for UHF logistics tags.
This novel application was a collaborative effort between the ecosystem partners, including E Ink, Fujitsu Semiconductor, and Toppan Printing. The reference design board enables data transfer distances of up to 20 cm, enabling the tag to be updated at any time without data storage restrictions.
“E Ink is continuously working to improve and develop new power saving ePaper solutions,” said Johnson Lee, President of E Ink Holdings Inc. “Combining two major trends in the electronics industry, battery-less and energy harvesting, this unique logistics ePaper tag will be a game changer in the logistics management industry. Japanese convenience store chains have already noticed the environmentally friendly value the ePaper tag brings, and are expected to deploy ePaper logistics tag solutions to replace paper tags in Japan.”
“The technology collaboration by E Ink and Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited resulting in a battery-less ePaper solution,” said Masato Matsumiya, VP Head of System Memory Company of Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited. “The reference design board enables maintenance free performance and the inclusion of FRAM allows for low power consumption, fast writing speeds and a non-volatile system. This enables the tag to be updated at any time without data storage restrictions. This technology will generate innovative applications in new markets.”
"The combination of E Ink technology and the UHF band, widely used in the logistics industry, is a world’s first and has promising potential,” said Shinji Ooi, General Manager of Business Development Center of Toppan Printing Co., Ltd. “We are working towards early commercialization of this combination.” Toppan is developing and will produce battery-less tags initially for Japanese convenience store chains and then for the general logistics and manufacturing sectors.
The battery-less ePaper tag solution will be targeted in applications such as logistics tags, ePaper badges, ID cards or electronic shelf labels. The reference design board will be exhibited at Toppan Printing’s booth (West Hall No.4 D-05) and Denso Wave’s booth (West Hall No.4 G-20) in the “AutoID & Communication Expo” at Tokyo Big Sight from September 12 to September 14.
Web links for reference：
Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited Web Site
E Ink web site
About E Ink Holdings
E Ink Holdings Inc. (8069.TWO), based on technology from MIT’s Media Lab, has transformed and defined the eReader market and is redefining the signage, architecture and design, mobile, wearable and retail markets with its ePaper technology, enabling a new multi-billion dollar market in less than 10 years. Its corporate philosophy aims to deliver revolutionary products, user experiences and environmental benefits through advanced technology development. This vision has led to its continuous investments in the field of ePaper displays as well as expanding the use of its technologies into a number of other markets and applications including smart packaging and fashion. Its Electrophoretic Display products make it the worldwide leader for ePaper. Its Fringe Field Switching (FFS) technologies are a standard for high-end LCD displays and have been licensed to all major liquid crystal display makers in the world. Listed in Taiwan's Taipei Exchange (TPEx) and the Luxembourg market, E Ink Holdings is now the world's largest supplier of ePaper displays. For more information please visit www.eink.com
- Armor to Acquire Thermal Transfer Ribbon Business and IP from Iconex
- World’s Only Global Solution for E-Invoicing Compliance Complies With New Requirements
- AI-Driven Procurement Software Provider Xeeva Named a Winner in the 2018 SaaS Awards
- Asset Tracking Company Named To Inc. 5000 2018
- Want it installed? Just scan the bar code. Do It Yourselfers Get A Hand!
- IntelliFarms Announces the Addition of Adam Weiss to the Team
- QR Codes and Mobile App Get Chick-fil-A Customers Free Nuggets
- ScanSource Reports Strong Fourth Quarter Results
- Alien to Speak on Implementing Logistics Labeling and Tracking at #Labelexpo Americas 2018
- Omron Announces Suite of Traceability Products to Extend Automation Portfolio
- Keeping Cherries Fresh On Their Way To China Required Supply Chain Innovation
- Digital Drivers License Getting Upgrades
- New Report Offers Order Management System as a Solution to Solve the Great Digital Divide Plaguing Retailers
- Infogain Announces Strategic Alliance with Jesta I.S.
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) System on Apple iOS Platform Keeps Fleets Safe, Operational and Compliant
- TEKLYNX International Improves GHS-Compliant Labeling Efficiency and Accuracy for Shepherd Material Science
- Seagull Scientific Names Vice President of Sales
- Zebra Appoints Cristen Kogl As Senior VP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Anderson & Vreeland to Highlight Key Technologies at Labelexpo Americas
- Oregon Dispensaries Get Custom Cannabis Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Experience
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.