ROSWELL, Ga. (PRWEB) February 21, 2019
Cooltrax, a leader in remote temperature control monitoring and reporting, announces it is the cold chain temperature monitoring partner of record for the 175 refrigerated trailers (reefers) of Sexton Farms in Camilla, GA, the leading temperature-controlled carrier serving the poultry industry in southeastern U.S.
“Cooltrax gives us real-time reefer monitoring, so we can maintain temperature consistency and strictly monitor fuel costs for savings,” said Brett Phillips, CFO, Sexton Farms. “We’re confident with these tools and others that we can cut fuel costs for our refrigerated trailers by as much as 15 percent, assuring that savings in the first year alone will pay for the new monitoring system.”
Sexton Farms conducted a three-month pilot program evaluating Cooltrax for reliability, customer support and training, and price against two other cold chain temperature monitoring systems. “Cooltrax proved to be highly reliable, to have superior customer service, and cost competitive,” said Phillips.
Cooltrax provides Sexton Farms with added advantages. As a regional hauler, drivers for Sexton Farms can travel nearly 500 miles a day. Cooltrax’s reefer monitoring system is capable of remotely starting and stopping coolers without requiring the drivers to stop in transit. This feature allows drivers to optimize time on the road and remain in compliance for hours of service.
“Sexton Farms is always on the cutting edge of best practices,” said Mike Sharpe, President, Cooltrax - Americas. “They were early adopters in telematics and electronic logs. Now they’re demonstrating the same leadership in cold chain temperature monitoring, rewarding their customers with even greater reliability and consistency in the quality of the products delivered.”
Sexton Farms is highly integrated with customers as 60 trailers a day on average are parked on location with customers. “The ability to monitor and control these in real time allows us to provide temperature consistency while minimizing fuel costs, especially when these trailers are idle.”
- Janam Delivers 40% Decrease in Water Meter Reading Time
- ALL-TAG Develops Customizable 31x32 mm SuperLabel Combines Security with Omni-Channel Marketing
- Cognex Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for 2018
- Digital Debit Group Releases Retail-Grade QR App Powered by PayPal Now Available on iOS
- Zuant to Launch App at EXHIBITORLIVE 2019, featuring Double Sync Speed, NFC Badge Scanning and more
- RFID Blocking Wallet Secures Funding On Indiegogo
- The Toaster Oven With A Barcode Scanner
- AIM North America Announces New Chair and Vice Chair
- Infinite Peripherals enhances all-in-one healthcare device with RFID based mobile security.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews