LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J., June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- GS1 US® has introduced a new online tool that provides members with validated, GS1 Standards-based product, location and company data, barcode creation capabilities and the ability to share data for enhanced collaboration with trading partners—all in one solution. The new GS1 US Data Hub® integrates three existing GS1 US online tools—GS1 US Data Hub® Version 2.0, Data Driver® and the GLN Registry®—offering users a seamless, more automated platform to help improve business processes and data quality.
GS1 US Data Hub includes:
- GS1 US Data Hub® | Product (formerly Data Driver) enables brand owners to quickly and easily create Global Trade Item Numbers® (GTIN®) and high resolution GS1 barcodes (like U.P.C. and GS1-128) to identify their products. This tool helps suppliers meet their trading partners' requirements by quickly and easily generating high resolution, authentic barcodes to avoid costly mistakes that can result from creating barcodes incorrectly. Users can also share information with trading partners within this tool.
- GS1 US Data Hub® | Location (formerly GLN Registry) offers a central resource of industry location information. This gives users the ability to assign Global Location Numbers (GLNs) and define data about their locations. The tool provides access to specific location information, which when combined with GTIN information can provide better traceability, improved order-to-cash efficiency, and other cost reductions throughout the supply chain. Data Hub | Location also allows for information sharing between trading partners.
- GS1 US Data Hub® | Company (formerly GS1 US Data Hub Version 2.0) provides access to information on U.S. companies that license a GS1 Company Prefix—the specific combination of numbers embedded in a GS1 identifier (such as a GTIN or GLN) to identify the company in the marketplace—so users can match products to their brand owners and add additional data validation to their business processes.
"The new GS1 US Data Hub is timely, as more companies recognize a growing need to access quality data in a way that is easy, scalable and shareable," said Laura DiSciullo, senior vice president of solutions, GS1 US. "Through GS1 US Data Hub, users now have key GS1 identifiers—GTIN, GLN and Company Prefix—in one place. By bringing all three capabilities together, companies of all sizes will be able to better manage data quality efforts in today's data-driven business environment."
About GS1 US®
GS1 US, a member of GS1®, is an information standards organization that brings industry communities together to solve supply-chain problems through the adoption and implementation of GS1 Standards. More than 300,000 businesses in 25 industries rely on GS1 US for trading-partner collaboration and for maximizing the cost effectiveness, speed, visibility, security and sustainability of their business processes. They achieve these benefits through solutions based on GS1 global unique numbering and identification systems, barcodes, Electronic Product Code (EPC®)-based Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), data synchronization, and electronic information exchange. GS1 US also manages the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code® (UNSPSC®). www.GS1US.org
MORE NEWS FROM BARCODE.COM
- NiceLabel announces new CEO
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID in Retail and Apparel Event in New York City on Oct. 6, 2016
- Media Alert: Barcoding, Inc. to Hold Webinar, “Modernizing Your Mobile Apps”
- Webinar - Traceability In The Modern Supply Chain
- HighJump Adds Supply Chain Analytics to Enterprise Software Suite
- Complimentary Webinar - Direct Marking for UDI Compliance
- EHR Tutor announces integration with Medication Management System with Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile Appoints Brent MacDonald To Its Board
- ScanSource Moves Up The Fortune 1000
- AIM Debuts Internet of Things Competition
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.