FORT MILL, S.C., Jan. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced that it will collaborate with Intel to develop new Internet of Things solutions for the retail industry to enhance logistics, improve inventory visibility and drive supply chain efficiencies.
The Honeywell and Intel collaboration will focus on developing solutions that improve operations for retail businesses, which are faced with enormous challenges to maintain profitability and compete in an environment where consumers are more often shifting to online shopping.
"To succeed in the e-commerce world, retailers need to invest in connected solutions and harness the power of the Internet of Things (IoT) to track inventory and gain insights into customer shopping habits," said John Waldron, president and CEO of Honeywell's Safety and Productivity Solutions business. "The collaboration between Honeywell and Intel will provide a platform for future technology developments to leverage both firms' expertise in capturing and analyzing enterprise data. We look forward to working with Intel on industry-leading solutions this year."
"Technology can help transform retail, making stores more responsive to customer needs by connecting physical and digital retail environments," said Joe Jensen, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions Division at Intel. "By working with Honeywell, Intel plans to enable retailers to benefit from IoT solutions by having the visibility of real-time accuracy of on-shelf inventory. This will help delight shoppers with better inventory accuracy and in-store pickup of products ordered online."
Other bar code news:
- Atom Tickets Mobile Ticketing Platform Teams Up With Bow Tie Cinemas, Expands Reach
- 2D Bar Code Marketing Market Is Expected to Experience Immense Growth During 2016 - 2026
- Smart Label Market Will be Worth $16.12 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Anti-Counterfeit Packaging Market Worth 206.57 Billion USD by 2021
- Terso Solutions Leading Panel at HIMSS 2017 on the State of Healthcare and Inventory Automation Using RAIN RFID Solutions
- Smart Labels Market: U.S. Continues to be at the Forefront of Global Adoption
- A Prescribed Solution for Pet Obesity Integrating RFID in Multi-Pet Homes at NAVC Conference
- RFID: Technology, Applications, and Global Markets
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.