VALLEY COTTAGE, New York, January 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
According to the research findings from Future Market Insights' report, titled "Smart Labels Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment, 2016-2026," nearly 400,000 thousand units of smart labels sold globally in 2016 were accounted by Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, which amounted to an estimated US$ 2,493.9 million. Surging demand for RFID tags in the global retail industry have instrumented the boost in sales of smart labels, globally. Furthermore, the advantages of RFID smart labels in maintaining, tracking and updating stock & inventory databases is predicted to continue driving their demand around the globe in the coming years.
According to Future Market Insights,
- The global market for smart labels amassed revenues worth US$ 4.7 billion in 2016, and is likely to reach US$ 22.6 billion market value by the end of 2026. During the forecast period, the global smart labels market size is anticipated to expand robustly at a CAGR of 17%.
- Organized retail sector will continue to instrument rampant growth in global smart labels sales, while warehousing businesses in the world are expected to actively adopt smart labelling for their benefits in tracking products.
- Growing sales of biologics and specialty drugs that require thermal-sensitive packaging are promoting the use of smart labels that are equipped with temperature-control functions. Smart labels will be integrated in drug monitoring systems across pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world, facilitating efficiency in transportation, anti-counterfeit measures, and damage control.
Preview Analysis on Global Smart Labels Market Segmentation By Labelling Technology - RFID, NFC Tags, Electronic Article Surveillance, Sensing Labels and Electronic Shelf Labels; By End Use - Healthcare, Automotive, FMCG, Logistics, Retail and Others; By Printing Technology - Flexographic, Digital, Gravure and Screen: http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/smart-labels-market
Key highlights of the research report exhibit RFID as the dominant labelling technology, however, Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) and sensing labels are also expected to gain traction while independently registering a rise at more than 16% CAGR over the forecast period. By the end of 2026, global retail industry will be the largest end-user of smart labels by procuring global revenue share of more than 30%. On the other hand, healthcare, automotive and logistics will be considered as lucrative end-user industries for smart labels, collectively accounting for sales of more than 1,561,000 thousand units by 2026-end.
Other bar code news:
- RFID: Technology, Applications, and Global Markets
- Afinia L301 Color Label Printer is Perfect for Home-Based Business Labeling
- Avante Care & Support Moves Forward With RAM's Asset Management Software
- Global and China Mobile Payment Industry Report, 2016-2020
- Visible Assets, Inc. Introduces Blockchain Verified Database Embedded in RuBee IO Framework
- Wireless Network Solutions Releases New Features to Innovative Technology Solution
- Echo Global Logistics Partners with SMC³, Choosing Best-in-Class LTL API Connectivity
- Denim Designer Explains who Controls the Future of American Garment Manufacturing
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.