SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- JDA Software Group, Inc., today announced that chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Bal Dail is stepping down and that the company’s Board of Directors has appointed former Tyco executive Girish Rishi as the company’s new CEO. The leadership change is effective immediately; however, Dail will remain at JDA through the first quarter of 2017 to help ensure a seamless leadership transition. He will also continue as a senior advisor to New Mountain Capital.
“I am excited to lead JDA as its new CEO, and I thank Bal for his leadership and impact across all aspects of the business,” said Rishi. “Our customers are undergoing enormous change with omni-channel, new dynamics in the global supply chain and automation at the edge with a trend towards the Internet of Things (IoT), mobility and analytics. To that end, I look forward to building upon JDA’s demonstrated innovation and solutions capabilities, as we leverage our partner ecosystem to best serve our customers.”
Rishi takes the reins of a company well positioned for continued growth and innovation. In the last few years, JDA has seen accelerated software demand bookings growth, increased profitability and substantially expanded its global customer base. JDA’s innovative solution portfolio is recognized as the deepest and broadest in the industry, as evidenced by JDA being the only company named a leader in all five Gartner Magic Quadrants for supply chain and retail merchandising solutions. The company introduced JDA Labs, launched its first Chief Customer Office, and has improved its customer net promoter and employee engagement scores to the highest levels in company history. In late 2016, JDA secured a $575 million equity investment from Blackstone and New Mountain Capital, which will help fuel product innovation.
Rishi becomes JDA CEO after serving as executive vice president at Tyco International, responsible for the firm’s global retail solutions and North America building automation business, that together, generates more than $4 billion in annual revenue. He brings extensive general management experience in both emerging and established technology companies to JDA. He has led businesses that have delivered category-leading, mission-critical enterprise software offerings, mobility solutions and innovative vertical IoT applications. With more than 20 years of retail supply chain experience, Rishi has had intimate engagements with some of the world's leading retailers, transportation and logistics companies, and manufacturing organizations.
Other bar code news:
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Retail and Logistics Solutions
- Atom Tickets Mobile Ticketing Platform Teams Up With Bow Tie Cinemas, Expands Reach
- 2D Bar Code Marketing Market Is Expected to Experience Immense Growth During 2016 - 2026
- Smart Label Market Will be Worth $16.12 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Anti-Counterfeit Packaging Market Worth 206.57 Billion USD by 2021
- Terso Solutions Leading Panel at HIMSS 2017 on the State of Healthcare and Inventory Automation Using RAIN RFID Solutions
- Smart Labels Market: U.S. Continues to be at the Forefront of Global Adoption
- A Prescribed Solution for Pet Obesity Integrating RFID in Multi-Pet Homes at NAVC Conference
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews