SOMERSET, N.J., April 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Star Micronics, a leading provider of point of sale and proof of transaction technology, has today announced the release of the SM-L300, 3-inch portable printer. This addition to the SM-L series of Bluetooth low energy portable printers allows users to connect any Apple iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod touch®, iOS BLE compatible device without having to pair to it. With no limitation on the number of devices connected, BLE is the perfect solution for any environment using multiple devices for mPOS printing. In addition, it requires no certification or prior authorization from your iOS application. The SM-L300 is Bluetooth (3.0/4.0) compatible with all operating systems including Windows, Android, and iOS.
The mobile printer's BLE technology results in lower power consumption, and can be conveniently charged anytime, anywhere, using included USB charging cable or optional cradle charger. With no need for MFi application, and its multi-paper width feature, the SM-L300 makes the perfect printer for any mPOS environment. The SM-L300's receipt de-curl function and "drop-in & print" paper loading makes it even simpler to operate for retail or restaurant mobile point of sale.
In addition to point of sale, the SM-L300 can second as a fully integrated label printer for delivery or warehouse applications. The SM-L300 supports thermal receipt paper and lined or linerless label paper, making it the perfect portable for on-the-road or mobile receipt or label printing.
Charging cradle will be available coming soon.
About Star Micronics
Star Micronics, one of the world's largest POS providers, has designated a portfolio of printing, secure cash management, and customer solutions for any retail or hospitality establishment in POS and mPOS environments. Embracing the mobility wave, Star's complimentary SDKs allow users to utilize Star printers in tandem with Android™, and iOS iPad® and iPhone® devices to generate receipts for all of its printers. Always leading – always innovating, Star Micronics enables web-based printing solutions including remote cloud printers, wireless cash drawer solutions, proximity-based printing, and secure cash management. For more information, please visit www.starmicronics.com.
- Dynamsoft Intros Cloud Service to Convert Scanned PDF and Images to Editable Documents
- Barcodely a Startup That Wants to Turn Your Email Into a Barcode for Paperless Receipts
- AIM Webinar - IoT Enabled by Chains of Accountability
- Onest Logistics to Support Growth with HighJump WMS
- Digimarc Sets First Quarter 2017 Conference Call for Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 5pm ET
- World RFID Smart Label Market - Opportunities & Forecasts to 2022 - Research and Markets
- Bluestar Announces the Availability of Zebra Technologies' New DS2200 Series Barcode Scanners
- Longbow Advantage Earns SOC 2 Type I and II Certifications
- Zebra Technologies Awarded 5-Star Rating in CRN's 2017 Partner Program Guide
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.