ThingTech (http://www.thingtech.com) announced today that it has been selected by The Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority (NAIPTA) to provide a comprehensive Transit Asset Management system with the goal of maintaining, managing, and forecasting asset needs as well as to comply with the Federal Transit Administration’s guidance for “State of Good Repair” relative to the requirements set forth under the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) program, formerly known as MAP-21.
Set to go-live later this year, ThingTech’s Transit Asset Management program will also assist in improving operational efficiencies by streamlining the complexity related to managing and maintaining a large amount of assets of varying types including vehicles, stops, and facilities. According to Jon Matthies, IT Manager at NAIPTA, prior to selecting ThingTech, NAIPTA was managing many of these processes manually, which included filling out forms by hand, having to physically enter that data into spreadsheets, and aggregate that data for reporting purposes.
ThingTech’s comprehensive solution will not only help enhance and streamline these processes, but will also achieve 100% compliance with FAST mandates, intended to help improve the operation and maintenance of capital assets by:
- Defining a “State of Good Repair”
- Assess Asset Inventory and Conditions
- Establish Asset Performance Measures and Goals
- Assist with Long-Term Budget and Capital Planning
- Develop a Transit Asset Management Plan
- Automate Annual Reporting Requirements to the National Transit Database (NTD)
“While the looming deadline for FTA’s Final Rule has created a hair-on-fire scenario for a lot of our industry, we are pleased to be partnering with forward-thinking organizations like NAIPTA, who are not only seeking to comply with federal mandates, but also striving to improve operations through process automation, improved asset utilization, and better capital planning. Ultimately, these projects will have a profound positive impact on key areas such as operations, budget, and safety,” said Tim Quinn, CEO of ThingTech.
“We have been happy with the responsiveness of ThingTech and the work they’ve done to understand our processes; aligning the solution with our process goals,” said Matthies.
NAIPTA is the transit agency in northern Arizona operating the Mountain Line, Mountain Lift and Mountain Link systems in Flagstaff. NAIPTA also coordinates services with Campus Shuttle Service at Northern Arizona University. NAIPTA currently manages a fleet of fixed route and paratransit vehicles, as well as 178 stops and 2 connection centers. Established in 2001, NAIPTA has grown into a system that employs nearly 100 people and transports more than 2 million riders a year.
ThingTech is an Atlanta, GA based software company that provides Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions that combines Enterprise Asset Management, Field Service, Smarter Cities and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions into a single, cloud-based, connected platform for enterprise asset intelligence. ThingTech customers rely on its platform to track and optimize the performance of their mission critical mobile assets and workforce to increase business performance and improve their customer’s experience. Since its founding in, ThingTech has had a specific focus on helping public transportation organizations with their Transit Asset Management needs.
Other Barcode News
- Zebra study: nearly 50% of enterprises have only got 1/2 of their “intelligence” potential
- Advanced Parking Control Technology Sure To Please Retail Shoppers
- CSL Launches Affordable CS108 Bluetooth® RFID Mobile Reader with Best in Class Read Range
- Global Healthcare Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) Market Analysis 2014-2017 & 2025
- Cognex Promotes Sheila DiPalma to Senior Vice President and Corporate Officer
- Scanbuy SmartLabel Implementation For Both Consumer Engagement and Logistical Support
- Arçelik A.Ş. Heralded as Corporate Responsibility Leader in Prestigious European Supply Management
- Global RFID Tags Market for Agriculture Application Report 2017-2021 with Alien Technology
- Radio Frequency Identification Devices Market Key Players, Radiant
- Loftware Spectrum® 3.5 Introduces Business Intelligence to Enterprise Labeling