THOROFARE, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Checkpoint Systems, a leading global supplier of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS), RFID solutions and Alpha High-Theft Solutions for the retail industry, and IMCo, a Germany-based global leader in smart shelf technology offering innovative loss prevention solutions to help retailers combat organized retail crime, today announced an agreement under which Checkpoint will resell select IMCo products in North America.
Under the agreement, Checkpoint will market the following solutions, which are ideal in addressing risks posed by professional thieves:
Shelf Alert uses specially designed shelf pushers to keep products organized and in front of shoppers. Its pattern-recognition algorithms identify when individuals remove products and then trigger a muted beep. In the case of unusual incidents, including products sweeps, the system sounds a louder alarm, which can be connected to existing security systems, such as video monitoring or public-address systems. This alerts and allows store staff to approach the individual proactively at the shelf in a customer-friendly way. The protection enables retailers to present at-risk merchandise openly at all times, thus increasing sales while reducing theft.
Shelf Alert is designed for merchandise such as cosmetics, facial care products and perfumes, shaving lotion, contraceptives and pregnancy testing kits, alcoholic beverages, coffee, infant formula and more.
Peg Hook Alert
Peg Hook Alert has an in-built mechanical slow-feed function that ensures that products can only be removed from each unit one at a time. It detects product removals and indicates them with a muted beep each time a product is taken. The product alarms when multiple products are taken within a set period of time, providing a proven deterrent to shoplifting without compromising open merchandising. Through the audible beeps and alarm, Peg Hook Alert notifies store staff when potential shoplifters are removing articles from the shelf. This allows store associates to approach the individual in a service-oriented manner, minimizing the risk of escalation before they reach the exit. Like Shelf Alert, it enables retailers to make high-risk merchandise fully accessible to shoppers, increasing sales while reducing shrink.
Peg Hook Alert is ideal for razor blades and other products typically displayed on peg hooks (memory cards, ink cartridges, batteries).
According to Stuart Rosenthal, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Checkpoint’s Alpha High-Theft Solutions, “ORC continues to play a large role in retail shrink losses, and this agreement with IMCo enables us to provide a broader and highly preventive solution to our customers.”
“We are excited about our partnership with Checkpoint in the North America,” said Georg Hachmann, CEO, IMCo. “Thousands of our intelligent products have already been installed around the globe and retailers have seen, on average, losses reduced by 50 percent and sales increased by 10 percent. We expect similar results for Checkpoint customers.”
Shelf Alert and Peg Hook Alert are available immediately.
About IMCo Inventory Management Consultants e.K.
IMCo is a manufacturer of innovative intelligent retail loss prevention solutions that help to sell more and lose less. With thousands of installations worldwide at major retailers in Europe and Australia, IMCo is the global leader in smart shelf technology. The IMCo Smart Shelf loss prevention solution stops organized retail crime directly at the shelf. As a data source, IMCo technology also provides efficient POS data analysis and detects out of stocks. Global leader IMCo offers retailers flexible entry-level options and upgrades for digitalization at the POS and for Retail 4.0.
The company was founded 2000 in Germany and distributes its solutions through its worldwide partner network.
- Cerasis adds Enterprise Parcel Shipping Mgmt For Complete Over-The-Road Transportation into TMS
- Smartrac’s Experiences Solution Wins IoT Global Award
- Barcoding, Inc Named As Partner Of The Year By StayLinked
- RFID Readers Market Estimated to Exhibit 12.3% CAGR Through 2027
- Breed Reply Invests in METRON and TAG Sensors
- Universal Robots Debuts at #MODEX, North America’s Largest Supply Chain Expo
- TEKLYNX Announces 2018 Release of Barcode Labeling Software Solutions
- How Do Businesses Choose Providers? Best Advertising Channel of 2018 Results Are In
- Beauty smart store in Morocco uses Keonn RFID floor mats
- Code Launches the CR4300N-A Case Above the Rest
- Impinj Supports Japanese Government Electronic Tag Initiative
- IpVenture’s Next Generation Delivery Logistics: The Time Has Come
- TEKLYNX International’s Nick Recht Named to the 2018 Food Rock Stars of the Supply Chain
- Socket Mobile Reports Final Results of Modified Dutch Auction Tender Offer
- Demand Management's Bill Harrison Named 2018 Food Logistics Champions: Rock Stars of the Supply Chain