The increase in speed performance is based on many Dynamsoft image set tests. Scanning of 1D and 2D barcodes in a four-core CPU environment were used to conduct testing and to produce an average speed.
VANCOUVER (PRWEB) April 09, 2018
Dynamsoft has updated its Barcode Reader Software Development Kit with an updated algorithm that has improved barcode scanning speed by an average of 50 percent while also improving upon barcode reading accuracy. The updated SDK also now allows the use of customizable barcode reader templates for developers to further optimize performance for specific workplace scenarios. The new Barcode Reader SDK is version 6.0.
The increase in speed performance is based on many Dynamsoft image set tests. Scanning of 1D and 2D barcodes in a four-core CPU environment were used to conduct testing and to produce an average speed. The increased performance in this major update comes from many algorithm improvements. New algorithms were added for barcode localization on photo images and for text filtering on document images. Also, the algorithms for barcode decoding were revamped.
For the new custom barcode reading template, developers can use it to create flexible barcode scanning templates for specific use cases. There are currently two pre-set templates: Doc Mode and Photo Mode. These optimized templates ensure better performance depending on your scan scenario. There is also an option to create custom templates to specify parameters including barcode format, source image type, max barcode count, localization mode, and more.
Pricing and Availability
Dynamsoft's Barcode Reader SDK 6.0 is provided with rich code samples. It is backed by technical support channels that include an online knowledge base, email, chat, phone and more. It is now available for download from the Dynamsoft website. Developers can also use a live online demo and download trial versions from the website product page.
About Dynamsoft Corp.
Dynamsoft Corp. provides enterprise-class TWAIN™ software development kits (SDK), a Barcode Reader SDK, and a Camera SDK to help developers meet document imaging requirements for developing web or desktop document management applications. The company also provides enterprise-grade version control software to help developers manage developer teams and projects. The imaging SDKs help today’s businesses seeking to migrate from wasteful paper-based workflows to efficient electronic document and records management. Dynamsoft is an associate member of the TWAIN Working Group that develops TWAIN standards. Thousands of customers use Dynamsoft's solutions. Customers include 3M®; Apple®; EMC®; FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.; Fujitsu®; GE®; H&R Block®; HP®; IBM®, Intel®; Infosys®; Lockheed Martin®; Olympus®; Philips®; PricewaterhouseCoopers®; Samsung®; Siemens®; Symantec®; Unisys®; Verizon®; and more. The company was founded in 2003. More information is available at http://www.dynamsoft.com.
Note: Whether noted or not, references to certain words may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- AB&R to give away a free RFID site survey to #RFIDLive 2018 attendee
- Honeywell Announces New Software Platform For Connected Distribution Centers #MODEX
- #MODEX - Delta Electronics Unveils 30kW Wireless Charging Solutions for Material Handling
- Storage Equipment Safety Service returns to #MODEX and the North American Market
- Seegrid Expands Supervisor Fleet Management Software With Barcode Scanner Integration
- GS1 To Host Digital Convergence Forum June 6-7
- Two 4SIGHT Leaders Named 2018 Pros to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- A Message from Incoming SATO Holdings CEO Ryutaro Kotaki
- 10 THINGS YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS AT #MODEX 2018
- Mineral Supply Chain to be Transformed by Cobalt Blockchain and DLT Labs
- MTI Wireless Edge to Exhibit New Slim Antenna at #RFIDLIVE 2018, Orlando
- Zebra Technologies Given 5-Star Rating in CRN’s 2018 Partner Program Guide
- Panasonic and IDScan.net Announce First-Ever Handheld Passport Scanner
- Redbox Selects Mediamorph to Deliver Supply Chain Automation as it Expands its Digital Footprint
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.