Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | August 7, 2018 | AIM, the trusted worldwide industry association for the automatic identification industry, providing unbiased information, educational resources and standards for nearly half a century, announced today the creation of a new Blockchain workgroup dedicated to explore the emerging technology’s place in the future of the automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) industry.
The AIM Blockchain Council (ABC) will be chaired by John Greaves, RF, IoT, & Blockchain Solutions Architect for Lowry Solutions. The group will investigate the opportunities and challenges in utilizing blockchain applications with AIDC technologies, such as IoT and RFID, to improve the traceability, reliability, and security of information.
"The momentum to incorporate blockchain in a growing number of business sectors isn't an accident," said AIM Chief Operating Officer Mary Lou Bosco. "Our goal is to offer an unbiased resource that will be positioned to not only share knowledge, but show the value between blockchain and the use of AIDC technologies. We anticipate seeing the collaborative efforts of the experts in the group provide opportunities for a diverse global audience."
Individuals interested in participating in this new initiative are asked to contact Mike Allen, AIM Member Engagement Manager. The initial meeting of the group is expected to take place via a web conference in early fall.
More news you should know about:
- Zebra Announces Second-Quarter 2018 Results
- ScanSource to Announce Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2018 Results on August 28, 2018
- Omron to Display Vision, Flexible Manufacturing, Traceability and Safety Solutions at IMTS
- Varian Announces Acquisition of humediQ Global GmbH
- RFID Helps DIY Retailer Beat Shoplifters And Protect Luxury Range of Faucets and High-Value Tools
- SATO Launches StoreAdvise to Focus on Intelligent Technology-based Solutions
- Walmart Executive Joins Warehouse Drone Pioneer, PINC
- Resource Label Group Expands Its North American Footprint Through Acquisition
- Ticketmaster And SF 49ers Use Barcodes To Bring Breakthrough Ticketing Technology To Fans
- Digimarc Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Cognex and StayLinked Partner to Offer Modernized Terminal Emulation Solution
- MSM Solutions Named 2018 North America Premier Partner by Honeywell
- Solution to Trucking Woes Lies in New Driver Training, Technology
- Used Barcode Equipment for Sale - approx 200 pieces
- Toshiba Begins Shipping Print and Apply Labeling System
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews