Grocer selects Zebra grocery scanner scale, printers and mobile computers to speed checkouts, manage inventory and improve customer service
San Diego – The NGA Show 2019 (Booth #911) – Feb. 25, 2019 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), an innovator at the edge of the enterprise with solutions and partners that enable businesses to gain a performance edge, today announced that Schnuck Markets, Inc. (Schnucks) selected Zebra® data capture, mobile computing and printing solutions to increase store teammates’ productivity and improve the customer experience.
“One of our core values is putting the customer first,” said Dave Steck, Vice President of IT Infrastructure and Application Development for Schnucks. “Zebra’s innovative, reliable grocery solutions have improved the efficiency and performance of our teammates which has led to better customer service.”
Schnucks is transitioning from 1D to 2D barcodes and scanners to embed additional data into barcodes to ensure accurate data capture while enhancing store productivity and efficiency. Zebra’s MP7000 grocery scanner scale and DS8178 cordless scanners are reducing double-scans and improving checkout speeds for Schnucks shoppers. Schnucks is also using the MP7000 to capture virtually every electronic and printed barcode in any condition and can scan GS1 Stacked DataBar barcodes for fresh products, increasing the efficiency of both cashiers and shoppers.
Zebra’s 11th Annual Global Shopper Study found that most store associates (56 percent) agree shoppers are better connected than store associates, and more than 70 percent believe they could improve the shopper experience with handheld mobile computers and scanners. Schnucks teammates are equipped with Zebra’s TC70, TC51 and TC20 mobile computers with Android™ running the Schnucks Shelf Management (ShelfMan) application to manage store inventory, order products and transfer items between locations. The TC70 and TC51 are used by teammates throughout the store while the TC20 is used in the pharmacy.
“Zebra provides a performance edge to Schnucks teammates with solutions that help drive top-line revenue, increase staff effectiveness and improve the overall shopping experience,” said Pat Glennon, Vice President North America Enterprise Sales. “Our growing portfolio of innovative, enterprise-class grocery solutions helps Schnucks and our other customers realize gains in performance, loyalty and shopper satisfaction at a time when the industry is undergoing significant transformation.”
Consistent shelf labelling between and within stores also leads to a better shopper experience. The Zebra QLn320 mobile printer makes printing professional shelf labels consistent and easy to scan across all stores...(click for more)
- "Barcode Reading Without Barcode Reader", at Back-End Directly from ID Images by AU10TIX
- Maine Pointe Appoints Janice Pinson as EVP of Maine Pointe Academy to Advance End-to-End Supply Chain Optimization
- FoodLogiQ’s CMO Listed Among 2019 ‘Pros to Know’ in Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine
- The Top 5 Reasons To Attend RFID Journal Live 2019
- Axicon Celebrates 40 Years of Barcoding Success
- Logistics Startup Gets $1Billion in Funding
- Logistyx Technologies President Ken Fleming Named a 2019 Pro to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- TEKLYNX General Manager Doug Niemeyer Named Supply & Demand Chain Executive 2019 Pro to Know
- Sexton Farms Capitalizes on Cooltrax for Cold Chain Temperature Monitoring
- Janam Delivers 40% Decrease in Water Meter Reading Time