New York, NY (PRWEB) March 03, 2016
Scanbuy, Inc., the global leader in mobile relationship management, today announced that its mPackaging solution is supporting the first SmartLabel™ product rollouts to hit the stores. Led by the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), SmartLabel™ is a transparency initiative that provides consumers with instant access to nutritional facts, ingredients, allergens, advisories and more.
SmartLabel™ is backed by leading food, beverage and consumer product companies wanting to invite consumers to dig deeper and learn more about the products they buy. Consumers obtain the trusted product information by scanning QR Codes on packages, conducting a simple web search, or contacting the brand directly. Details are presented on industry standardized landing pages in a consistent format and are readily available anywhere a consumer has access to a mobile device, computer or phone.
Scanbuy’s mPackaging for SmartLabel™ is a comprehensive solution delivering product data attribute integration, print-ready QR Code management and dynamic, mobile-responsive SmartLabel™ landing pages with powerful data analytics and reporting. The platform gives brands the flexibility to utilize the entire end-to-end SmartLabel™ solution or the QR Code management services. mPackaging is a proven technology that is implemented today across nine countries, delivering dynamic mobile landing pages for over 300,000 products.
“Today’s consumers expect immediate information about the products they buy, especially when it comes to nutrition and health,” said Maryann Moschides, Chief Marketing Officer at Scanbuy. “The SmartLabel™ initiative opens the door to details and attributes that go well beyond product labels. mPackaging allows us to help Brands deliver results quickly and cost effectively.
- Cloud-based technology for easy implementation
- Secure platform with IP protection
- Print-ready QR Codes to speed up time-to-market
- Editable URLs for ongoing flexibility
- Dynamic, mobile-responsive SmartLabel™ web pages
- Detailed scanning and page analytics for full research capabilities
- API services for integration into corporate systems
The innovative technology addresses a growing need from savvy, health-conscious consumers who seek better nutritional information and brand details, especially at the point of purchase.
Thirty major brands have agreed to participate in SmartLabel™ including Hershey, General Mills, Hormel Foods, Campbell Soup Company, Land O’Lakes, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Nestle, Kellogg Company, Colgate-Palmolive, Procter & Gamble and many more. Preliminary GMA projections suggest that it will become the norm for most companies in the foreseeable future.About Scanbuy
Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The Scanbuy suite of products consists of cloud-based platforms for engagement, marketing, couponing, advertising and much more. Our platforms are used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG, restaurant and media to create, manage and monitor dynamic mobile engagement campaigns. The ScanLife mobile app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available in the Android and iOS stores. To learn more about Scanbuy, please visit http://www.scanlife.com ... http://www.prweb.com/releases/Scanbuy/SmartLabel/prweb13246100.htm
- Mark Roberti to Keynote AIM Summit 2016
- Smartrac Launches High-Security PRELAM based on NXP’s MIFARE DESFireEV2 Chip Family
- Barcoding Specialist Acquires InSync Anywhere Practice
- Asset Tracking System Adds Purchase Order Approval Module
- IDC and Veracode Study Reveals Major Concerns Over Security of Connected Cars
- Zebra Technologies Announces 2015 Fourth Quarter Financial Results
- Near Field Communications Used To Combat Counterfeit Products in Vietnam
- NFC Used to Secure and Authenticate Limited-Edition Bottles of Rare Sherry #mwc16
- International Business Systems Appoints Michael Wohlwend as GM, Americas
- New Technology Addresses Healthcare Industry's 34% Record Number of Security Breaches
- Short Interest In Socket Mobile Stock Rises