CHICAGO, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Redwood Logistics (Redwood), a top-100 3PL provider and one of the fastest growing logistics companies in North America, announced today it has been selected by KYB Americas as the transportation management partner for its North American Aftermarket Division. KYB Americas will use Redwood's customized transportation management system (TMS), proprietary logistics integration platform (middleware) and technology expertise for added business intelligence in its shipping and tracking operations. The transportation management agreement follows a successful 11-year freight brokerage relationship between Redwood and KYB Americas.
As part of the expanded partnership, Redwood will create a customized version of its SaaS-based TMS that integrates with KYB Americas' existing internal systems. The fully-integrated system will provide KYB Americas with added business intelligence and operational efficiencies. Redwood will also provide ongoing training to KYB Americas' staff, as well as technical support and analytical services to ensure maximum value is gained from the engagement.
"The operational intelligence afforded by Redwood's customized TMS and support will bring KYB Americas increased efficiency, as well as the flexibility to customize the services we provide to our own customers, which is our ultimate goal," said Gail McHugh, director of technology and supply chain for KYB Americas. "Over the years, the Redwood team has provided superb freight management support, and we have confidence that their signature high-level customer service will continue in this expanded managed services partnership."
Utilizing its proprietary middleware technology and industry knowledge, Redwood's logistics experts will provide deep integration between its TMS and KYB Americas' existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. The user-friendly TMS, along with Redwood's suite of integrated and custom optimization tools will allow KYB Americas' staff to access comprehensive package information quickly, while enhancing the company's freight rating, carrier communications, small parcel interface, dock scheduling and international shipment processes.
Other bar code news:
- Asset Control - Fully Integrated Key & Bluetooth Vehicle Location System from MDL & KEYPer
- JDA’s Bal Dail Passes CEO Reins to Girish Rishi to Fuel Next Phase of Growth
- Honeywell, Intel to Jointly Develop Internet of Things Retail and Logistics Solutions
- Atom Tickets Mobile Ticketing Platform Teams Up With Bow Tie Cinemas, Expands Reach
- 2D Bar Code Marketing Market Is Expected to Experience Immense Growth During 2016 - 2026
- Smart Label Market Will be Worth $16.12 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Anti-Counterfeit Packaging Market Worth 206.57 Billion USD by 2021
- Terso Solutions Leading Panel at HIMSS 2017 on the State of Healthcare and Inventory Automation Using RAIN RFID Solutions