BELLO, Colombia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced today that Fundación Salud de Antioquia, a healthcare clinic in Colombia, specializing in the treatment of diseases requiring advanced medical technology, selected a Zebra barcode printing solution to improve its patient identification and asset tracking system.
By replacing their manual patient identification and asset tracking process with Zebra’s HC100 wristband printer, the GK420T-HC desktop printer and the GT800 desktop printer, Clínica del Norte has achieved nearly 100 percent accuracy in patient identification and medication administration.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes misidentification as a threat that can result in “medication errors, transfusion errors, testing errors, wrong person procedures, and the discharge of infants to the wrong families.” According to the University of Sabana in Bogota, 180,000 hospitalized people die every year from medical errors.
- Before implementing the Zebra solution, patient identification at Clinica del Norte was done by writing the patient’s name with a marker pen directly on wristbands which often led to confusion, misidentification and serious errors. Fixed assets were not marked, tracked or controlled across the clinic’s nine floors - resulting in wasted staff time and resources. There was also a new, urgent need for modernization with the implementation of the new International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) regulations.
- Clinica del Norte saw significant improvements in patient identification and 100 percent accuracy after implementing Zebra’s HC100 wristband printers. These are designed for positive patient identification and engineered for easy cleaning with hospital disinfectants to enable quick, on-demand printing of individual wristbands.
- The clinic also selected Zebra’s GT800 printer for medication and laboratory specimen labeling along with the Zebra GK420T healthcare desktop printer for producing labels for marking assets throughout the facilities to comply with industry standards and financial regulations.
- Zebra’s barcoded printing solutions helped improve control and accounting for clinic assets, significantly reduced medication errors and improved traceability of patient information.
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
-- more news for you:
- VerifyMe Signs Licensing Agreement with Intelligent Packaging Solutions Provider eAgile
- Scandit Listed as a Retail Example in Gartner Report
- Hanmi Pharmaceutical Completes Innovation with RFID And 'Smart Plant'
- UltraShip named a “Notable TMS Vendor” in Gartner’s 2018 Report on Transportation Management Systems
- TEKLYNX General Manager Doug Niemeyer Named Supply & Demand Chain Executive 2018 Pro to Know
- Checkpoint Systems and IMCo Sign Reseller Agreement
- Cerasis adds Enterprise Parcel Shipping Mgmt For Complete Over-The-Road Transportation into TMS
- Smartrac’s Experiences Solution Wins IoT Global Award
- Barcoding, Inc Named As Partner Of The Year By StayLinked
- RFID Readers Market Estimated to Exhibit 12.3% CAGR Through 2027
- Breed Reply Invests in METRON and TAG Sensors
- Universal Robots Debuts at #MODEX, North America’s Largest Supply Chain Expo
- Bar code Labels
- Bar code Software
- Enterprise Labeling
- Tracking Software
- Inventory Management
- POS and Retail
- Make a code QR code
- Buy a bar code
- Request a quote
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews