NEW YORK, April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal announced today that key leaders from the defense and aerospace sectors will discuss the benefits that they are achieving from using radio frequency identification technology, at this year's RFID Journal LIVE! conference and exhibition. The event will be held on May 9-11 at Arizona's Phoenix Convention Center.
The two-day defense and aerospace track will be aimed at helping companies in these sectors to comply with customer requirements, and to use RFID internally to achieve significant benefits. The event will provide an opportunity for aerospace and defense firms to hear first-hand case studies about the most important deployments in these industries, and to find the solutions that meet their business needs.
Defense and aerospace sessions at LIVE! 2017 will include the following topics:
The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has been a leader in transforming its supply chain through the use of RFID. In a keynote address, Brigadier General Patrick Burden, the U.S. Army's program executive officer for enterprise information systems, will discuss how the DoD has achieved greater supply chain visibility through its use of RFID.
A panel of DoD experts will discuss how RFID enhances asset visibility for warfighters. The panel will include Kenneth Morgan, the U.S. Air Force's IT Integration Branch chief for engineering and force protection; James L. Alexander, the U.S. Army's product director for automated movement and identification solutions; Hal Casey, the U.S. Navy's AIT director for IUID and joint solutions; and other speakers.
Kenneth Morgan will also discuss how the Air Force is using RFID to locate and track parts for as well as to monitor critical assets. In addition, David Fry, an engineer at Northrop Grumman, will educate attendees about how DARPA SHIELD improves traceability and deters the counterfeiting of high-value electronics.
Jim Morgan, an Orbital ATK program manager (retired), will discuss how the firm uses RFID to manufacture composite aerostructures. And Rick Lewis, a Delta Air Lines business analyst for aircraft maintenance, will explain how Delta has improved maintenance efficiencies with RFID.
LIVE! 2017 will also feature four industry-specific and four technical conference tracks, as well as eight in-depth preconference seminars and workshops, four post-conference seminars, fast-track training provided by RFID4U, the RFID Journal Awards, and RFID Professional Institute certification. The event will be hosted alongside IEEE RFID 2017, and will offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms. For more information, visit www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and Internet of Things technologies (IoT) and their many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal's websites for up-to-the-minute news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions related to RFID and IoT technologies. This has made RFID Journal a trusted and respected technology information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID and IoT decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com and www.iotjournal.com.
- ScanSource to Announce Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2017 Results on May 9, 2017
- DENSO Products and Services Americas Announces New Senior Vice President of OES Sales
- Zaplox Accelerates Global Expansion with Appointment of Emma Dupont as Sales Director, NA
- BROWZ Enhances Mobile App Allowing Suppliers and Contractors to Manage Employees
- MultiTech Announces First Nationwide IoT Program for Universities
- Collaborative Effort of NFC Forum, European Committee for Standardization TC278 WG3, GSMA
- Dynamsoft Intros Cloud Service to Convert Scanned PDF and Images to Editable Documents
- Star Micronics Introduces the SM-L300, Portable Receipt and Label Printer
- Barcodely a Startup That Wants to Turn Your Email Into a Barcode for Paperless Receipts
- AIM Webinar - IoT Enabled by Chains of Accountability
- Onest Logistics to Support Growth with HighJump WMS
- Digimarc Sets First Quarter 2017 Conference Call for Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 5pm ET
- World RFID Smart Label Market - Opportunities & Forecasts to 2022 - Research and Markets
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.