RESTON, Va., March 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Softeon, a global supply chain software provider with the industry's best record of customer success, will be demonstrating its breakthrough order picking and fulfillment system at MHI's MODEX show, April 9-12, 2018 in Atlanta.
With the growth in "eaches" (or broken case picking in many distribution operations as a result of e-commerce) and other factors driving changes to order profiles, companies are turning to a variety of technologies to reduce picking costs, including Voice, smart pick carts, put walls, pick-to-light and more, with growing interest in mobile robots to support order picking as well.
But in nearly all cases, those sub-systems come with their own control software, which brings a number of disadvantages, including: making commodity hardware expensive propriety and expensive systems; requiring integration upfront and over time between those control systems and the WMS; and providing limited ability to fully optimize the complete picking process, including slotting, replenishment, real-time decision-making and exception handling.
The Softeon WMS eliminates all of these problems by directly managing all subsystems, in any combination. This eliminates the need for the third-party control software and interfaces. As a result, commodity hardware can be used, with savings of up to 70%. The cost and complexity of system deployments are also reduced substantially, as there is no need for a WMS and sub-system integration.
But most importantly, double-digit gains in productivity can be achieved by having one system – the Softeon WMS - optimizing the entire process, delivering levels of productivity that simply cannot be achieved by a WMS "throwing picks over the wall" for execution by these subsystems operating in silos, as is normally the case today.
At MODEX, Softeon will have live demonstrations of these market-changing capabilities, including an innovative approach to the use of mobile robots, in the company's special in-booth "DC of the Future" display area.
"We are confident there will be nothing like it at the MODEX show, and the demonstration will give attendees a clear picture of the benefits these capabilities will deliver," said Dinesh Dongre, vice president of product strategy at Softeon. "You will want to come and take a look."
Softeon's "DC of the Future" and details on its powerful WMS, Distributed Order Management, and the rest of its powerful supply chain suite will be on display at Booth B2415.
Softeon executives will also be presenting on "Taking WMS to the Next Level with DC Process Automation" at 10:30 Monday morning (April 9th) in Theatre I at the Modex Show in the Georgia World Congress Center.
Softeon is a global provider of supply chain solutions from planning through execution. Our modern platform is engineered to reduce complex problems into simple solutions for a faster time to market and lower cost of ownership. Users can implement solutions incrementally to solve a specific challenge or deploy an integrated system. Configurable modules and rules-based solutions give market leaders the business agility they need to get ahead and stay ahead. Companies choose the flexibility and ease-of-use of the Softeon platform to drive higher business value and accelerate ROI. Deployment options include on-premise or in the cloud. For more information, please visit www.softeon.com.
-- more news from barcode.com
- Top Chinese Logistics Robot Maker Geek+ Debuts at MODEX
- Dynamsoft Barcode Reader SDK v6.0 Improves Barcode Scanning Speed by 50 Percent
- AB&R to give away a free RFID site survey to #RFIDLive 2018 attendee
- Honeywell Announces New Software Platform For Connected Distribution Centers #MODEX
- #MODEX - Delta Electronics Unveils 30kW Wireless Charging Solutions for Material Handling
- Storage Equipment Safety Service returns to #MODEX and the North American Market
- Seegrid Expands Supervisor Fleet Management Software With Barcode Scanner Integration
- GS1 To Host Digital Convergence Forum June 6-7
- Two 4SIGHT Leaders Named 2018 Pros to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- A Message from Incoming SATO Holdings CEO Ryutaro Kotaki
- 10 THINGS YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS AT #MODEX 2018
- Mineral Supply Chain to be Transformed by Cobalt Blockchain and DLT Labs
- MTI Wireless Edge to Exhibit New Slim Antenna at #RFIDLIVE 2018, Orlando
- Zebra Technologies Given 5-Star Rating in CRN’s 2018 Partner Program Guide
- Panasonic and IDScan.net Announce First-Ever Handheld Passport Scanner
- Redbox Selects Mediamorph to Deliver Supply Chain Automation as it Expands its Digital Footprint
- Georgia SoftWorks to Exhibit Telnet Server and SSH Server at #Modex 2018
- InComm Named Innovative Business Partner of the Year by Speedway
- Three Largest Districts in Illinois Now Use TIPWeb for Asset Management
- Elatec RFID - Joseph Grillo appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors
- CyberData Adds SIP RFID Access Control And SIP RFID Keypad Access Control Devices To Its New Line
- New Balluff BIS VU-320 UHF RFID Reader for Flexible Manufacturing
- FoodLogiQ Secures $19.5M in Oversubscribed Financing Round
- Strategic Mobility Group, LLC Wins 2017 Global Partner Of The Year
- Bak USA Showcases Its Rugged, Windows-Based Tablet at #MODEX 18
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.